Important Guidelines on Ordering
Here are a few important things to know about ordering from Reef Beauties that will greatly improve your experience and chances of getting the fish you want:
- Getting the highest fill rate: If you want the highest possible fill rate (aka getting all of the fish you ordered), order right after our first daily inventory update at 10 AM PST. You can order at any time, but the closer you are to the store update, the more accurate the inventory you see will be.
- New items: Generally, we will update our inventory daily, Sunday-Thursday. So if you don’t find what you’re looking for today, check back another day and you might find something that might interest you. You can also email us if you’re looking for something specific.
- Substitutions: If we don’t have a shippable specimen that you ordered, we will not send anything in its place unless you tell us to. However, you might still want to substitute a different species or be okay with different sizes. Or, you might no longer make the minimum for free shipping without that item. Generally, you have a better chance of receiving an item marked “Plentiful” in our inventory. If an item you ordered is marked “Limited,” please note an acceptable substitution (or if you’re okay with a different size) for that item in the “Substitutions/Special Instructions” box on checkout, and we will substitute the new item or size if we don’t have what you originally ordered. If you don’t want us to ship the order unless we have exactly what you ordered, please make note of this in the Substitutions box as well.
- Order Changes: We will try our best to accommodate modifications to your order after it's been placed. However, we cannot guarantee this as we process orders as soon as we get them. If you need to make a change, please email us at email@example.com with your order number and modification requests, and we'll do what we can to accommodate the change.
- Shipping Cutoff Time: Our cutoff time to ship the same day is at 2 PM PST on business days. Any orders received after that will be shipped the next business day.
- When do you want your fish to arrive? By default, we ship by UPS Next Day Air. This means that once your fish are shipped out, they will be delivered to your door by about noon the following day. If you would like your fish to arrive in the evening the following day instead, let us know in the “Substitutions/Special Instructions” box on checkout and we’ll ship by UPS Next Day Air Saver to arrive by evening. For now, we are no longer offering Saturday delivery as it has been inconsistent.
- How we capture payment: Due to the nature of this industry dealing with live animals, there will often be changes to your order from what you originally had in your shopping cart. Fish might be unavailable, you might want to make substitutions, etc. As such, the original invoice might change after we ship your fish. So once you place your order, you will be charged for what you ordered. When we’ve packed your shipment, our system will immediately translate any of those changes to either a charge or a refund, depending on whether things were added or removed from your order.
- Getting Free Shipping: As long as your invoice total is above $149, shipping will be free. However, we will have to automatically charge shipping if the invoice drops below $149 because an item isn’t available. To avoid this, please include substitutions for “Limited” items, or denote for us to cancel the order if the total drops below $149 and we have to charge shipping. Shipping for orders under $149 will be $29.99 to California and $39.99 to the rest of the U.S.
- Photos and Fish Information: Please keep in mind that due to different lighting conditions, along with variations within fish species, fish colors and patterns that you see on our photos may vary from what you see with the naked eye. We're working on expanding the amount of information on each fish on our site with detailed written descriptions. In the meantime, we encourage you to find more photos and information about the fish you're looking at by looking up the fish name or scientific name online. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have, and we'll try our best to answer them in a timely manner.
- About our pricing: You might notice that our prices are a good deal cheaper than other online fish stores. Additionally, we do not charge any packing fee or heat/ice pack that maybe required. We simply don’t believe that the markup on fish should be so high. We also have a shorter, but more than adequate guarantee program. However, our lower prices certainly do not indicate a lower level of quality; the quality and health of the fish that pass through our doors is our top priority, and you will see similar or better quality in our fish compared to other leading fish stores.
- Communicating with us: Send us an email at email@example.com, or leave us a note in the “Special Instructions” box at checkout; we won’t miss it. We highly encourage you to communicate with us about any questions or concerns you might have. Whether it may be questions about fish compatibility with other species in your tank to shipping questions, our experts will be happy to help. We will answer inquiries in the order in which they are received; if you haven’t received a response yet, we will get to you within the next 24-48 hours.